Share your AC200 Max Setup for Home Back Up Pictures

very promising! enjoy :slight_smile:

howdy Mike. unfortunately none. According to Bluetti ‘Only the larger models, AC300 and above’

thanks for the response. So I guess I am really going to AC300 which I am also eyeing besides ac200max.

It’s possible with a transfer switch (here you can select grid or bluetti). Just be sure you keep your load under 2200W. You just plug the transfer switch into Bluetti with a classic AC cable. But still, this needs an electrician. They are made for generators (gasoline) but work the same way with bluetti.

3 Likes

I have a system similar to yours. AC200MAX plus 2 B230s powered by 8 - 180 watt solar panels. Originally I had all 8 panels in series putting out 1440 watts but this was wasteful since the AC200MAX would only accept a maximum of 900 watts through the PV port. So I divided the panels into 2 groups. One group of 5 panels supplies 900 watts to the PV port and 3 panels supply 540 watts through a DC Enhancer into the AC input port. I used to be an electrician so I installed a 4 circuit manual transfer switch attached to the main breaker panel. The primary purpose is to supply power in the event of a grid outage but I use the system all the time to power a fridge and my wife’s home office. Of course the system is too small to power the whole house but I can cover essential services.

4 Likes

The way my house is arraigned I’m powering almost everything without being hooked up to the house wiring. I already had plenty of power cords from being in a band, so they run into the kitchen and my bedroom. The house lights are about the only thing not connected to the AC500, but all my bulbs are low wattage LEDs anyway so it’s not worth the effort to install a transfer switch.

While all my neighbors are getting $200-$300 power bills here in Vegas, mine averages $40 because instead of using my central HVAC, I have two window A/C units running 24/7, solar powered of course. They are enough to cool the whole house.

3 Likes

Sounds great @St8kout - something I’d love to get to as well. At the moment I’m only using the EB3A with a small, portable soalr panel. But it powers a laptop, router, light, and charges phones etc. We get plenty of sunshine where I am and I’d like to be less dependent on the grid, so I’ve started experimenting with solar energy. So your setup is quite inspiring to me.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Zkaza!

Agree- I have my AC200 Max connected to my transfer panel and use it to power 4 essential circuits ( not the whole house) during an outage. Staying under 2200 watts is relatively easy , and if i use my coffee maker or microwave, I just turn off my boiler and fridge circuit for the time that i am using it - little extra work doing this, but I dont mind, as I am just very happy that I can still use these items this during an outage!