Options for 2nd AC300...w/ or w/o Comm Cable?

Hello. I am trying to develop a plan for a 2nd AC300. I had the one AC300 and B300, and during the last Prime Day Deal, bought an extra AC300 complete with another B300. The 2nd B300 is currently connected to the original/main AC300, while the new AC300 sits in a bag. Kind of wasteful. You all might recall the thread I posted debating the issue when all I really wanted was a 2nd battery. Mission accomplished…2nd battery is working great…but, as anticipated, I didn’t really have a plan for the 2nd AC300 other than to have as back up…or the rare use as a mobile setup, removing one of the B300s from the Barn/Workshop setup.
As it is, I have PV1 and PV2 with 3x460w panels for 1200+w of input on each, and batteries are charged by 11:00am.
So, I am trying to figure out even what my options are for AC300#2. I could use the extra circuits as I have moved most of the circuits form the Barn and Work areas to the AC300#1.
Should I hook both AC300#1 AC300#2 up using a Communication Cable even though I don’t plan to use it with with Split-phase? And if the cable is used, does one of the PVs go to each of the ACs?
Or, should I set up the AC300#1 and AC300#2 as independent? I might like this as I could move one of the AC300s to the main house, but then I have two problems. One, the house (with a window AC or Space Heater) would use more than the barn/workshop except on the weekends…so it would get complicated. And, then there is the issue of getting the Solar PV wire the extra 75ft from the location of AC300#1 to the say the garage…then running cords around to whatever. So, really, I should just keep both AC300s and B300s right where they are…and just run what ever power I need to its locations (RV, Shed, Barn, etc.).
So that brings me back I guess to the main question. Communication cable or not? Or, even bother hooking up AC300#2…as in…do I get any other advantages of using the COMM cable, and not messing with Split-Phase?
Thanks for any input!! I do appreciate the help brainstorming.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump…but does anybody have any thoughts on what to do with a 2nd AC300? I still have the two batteries hooked up to the one AC300…and a 2nd AC300 sitting around. I only have one solar array…but more importantly, I don’t want to fragment the 6kwh of battery storage.
Is there anyway to hook both AC300s in parallel to share the 6 panels and 2 batteries?
Is there anything online that explains how to do this?
Thanks!

I think someone else asked whether it’s possible for two AC300 units to share the same batteries or whether one AC300 could charge the batteries connected to another AC300, and Bluetti said the answer is no. You might be able to divide loads somewhat evenly between the two units. In my experience I found no advantage (but also no harm) having the communication cable connected between two units in single-phase mode.

Running a second AC300 would power more circuits at the cost of increased power consumption due to the self consumption of the second AC300. People have reported higher self consumption observed than the published numbers. If you have a wattmeter, you can measure the power consumption (as measured from the grid outlet) to see how much power is consumed with AC output enabled, no load, and no PV input. One person reported in https://community.bluettipower.com/t/power-consumption-of-the-ac300 that his AC300 consumed 1.6 kWh per 24 hours with AC output on and no load.