New mobile app on Android

How can I roll back to the old app version?
thanks
jeff

1 Like

You can turn off automatic update in Android or iPhone settings. It’s probably on my default but it can be turned off.

If you have Android you can sideload an APK but it’s a bit technical.

If you have an iPhone I do not believe there is a way to do it unless you jailbreak.

You need location on with newer versions of Android to use bluetooth. It’s nothing Bluetti can control. If you are really concerned about marketing then you can block the app from accessing the internet and it cannot send any data.

I have an Android, but I figured it was simple.
Thats how they get you, I guess.

No, not concerned about marketing or anything. Just liked the old app better.
Just have to live with the new app I guess.
This app keeps telling my my power is off on my AC200Max, but the power is on & it is working, bring in & sending out power. When I click on the “power off” icon, it says to unplug the PV input, wait 10 seconds & plug it back in. I did that, did not help, continues to tell me my power is off. I think it is a bug in the app software as the Max is operating fine.

Well Android does auto update on apps by default for security reasons since most updates push out security patches.

But I would start by turning off auto updates for the Bluetti app.

I can show you where to find the old APK but you need to research how to side load onto your phone.

What is the exact error you are getting on the app?

What you described for clicking the power off button is normal since if you have PV input all that would happen is the unit would turn off and then back on again right away from the solar input

How do we get the previous version if our Bluetti products are relatively new? I just got mine in November and the new app works with my EB3A but has only a limited useless display of my AC200MAX and B230 with no controls.
Why don’t you replace the downloadable app with the previous version for us to download?
PS: There should be a user manual with screenshots. The user manual PDF is nothing. Also I’ve been trying to get help from Bluetti Support for a week with no response. Hire and train some staff please.

I don’t usually post in communities. In this case I feel compelled to do so. I agree with everything that is written here. In the latest version there is a central on off switch. I don’t really care about the design, although the old one was better. What should a location release be good for? The Bluetti products are good but the app in this state mitigates that a lot. So I can’t recommend this to my friends.
Sincerely
high voltage

If you want to roll back to a previous version for android you can:
-uninstall the current application
-go to a good apk mirror site (I use apk pure but do your own research)
-find the official bluetti application on the apk mirror site
-scroll down until you find “Old Versions of Bluetti” and pick which version you liked the best.

And now for my two cents…I know some will say “don’t do that, it’s a security risk!!!”. This is my answer… “then don’t do it”. But think to yourself, how many data breaches happen every day because a “secure” website or database got hacked? Have you stopped giving information to websites for making logins/purchases (etc)?
And yes, the latest version of the Bluetti application is no improvement.

Ohhh mannn I didn’t know that was possible. Have now again an older version. How nice. And that with safety. No risk, no fun. After the location is still asked … never mind.
Thank you MontAnna

The location permission is required from android on newer versions to use Bluetooth. Nothing Bluetti can do about this.

Ahhh thanks. What smart people here. I’m just a user. Then I wouldn’t want to start that with Bluetti either.

There are a few issues with the new app version from a week ago.

1. The new version of the app crashes constantly (crashes several times a day) on iOS on an ipad, running the latest iOS version.
    I don’t meant loosing bluetooth, but the app crashes altogether. There is no error message, and the app just closes suddenly.
    This has never happened until this latest app update.

2. Bluetooth is also much less reliable recently than the old app. It disconnects up to 10x day, even when just 8-10 feet away. It did not disconnect this frequently a few months ago. I haven’t moved my iPad, so it’s the same location.

3. PLEASE move the power off button. It is too close to the back arrow, and too easy to hit.

4. PLEASE make all of the numbers larger. On an ipad, the numbers are so tiny! There’s a huge screen, and incredibly little numbers with massive blank space around them. It’s very awkward and hard to read. The old version with normal-sized numbers was much, much better.
    Isn’t this app supposed to transfer information to the user??
    If so, why do we need a magnifying glass to read the values?

Per my above post, the latest version of the app still spontaneously crashes 10 times per day.
No response at all from Bluetti.

i bought the AC200max very recently and thought the app looks so professional. Just like the AC200max and the pV 350 look fantastic. So it was a bit of a shock that after the update it now looks like a 5-year-old child has taken care of the layout. I’ve only just discovered this forum and understand that all the negative comments resulted in the adjustment.

I now have the latest version of the app, and it looks like the ‘spider’ design has been replaced with, basically the old design layout, but in black.

So firstly, thanks for actually listening to your users - I’m a developer myself, and you only ever hear complaints, people never say thanks - so thanks!

Further room for improvement though, so…

1. I have B230 additional batteries connected, with DO50S boxes for additional solar input. At present, I have no idea how much input my solar is generating via these, as it’s not shown on the app - would it be possible to add this?
  2. If not, surely it knows the total solar input for ALL inputs, so could it show that?
  3. Could we have the option to rename the inputs? For example, my ‘Grid’ input is actually solar, it would be nice to be able to give it a label of my choosing.

But overall, much better!

2 Likes

I agree. Thank you developers for bringing back the old layout. It is so much more professional and logical. And to block the software update option until you got that figured out is a smart choice… You bricked my loyal AC200max after a year of service, unintentionally of course but still. Stay sharp!

So I have an AC200Max and after the whole firm ware upgrade debacle, everything appeared to be going fine. The today I opened the app to check my unit and the unit does not show up in the app. I tried to add it again by scanning the bar code without success. I get a blue popup with Chinese writing. BTW I don’t speak Chinese so totally useless. I then tried to add it manually, now I get a red pop up with Chinese writing. The AC200Max appears to work great. I have a Google Pixel 7 with Bluetooth enabled so not sure what is going on. Any ideas?? I really wish this company would stop trying to upgrade the app and the firmware on these things since they appear to be complete idiots at those tasks.