New/B Questions about Weather and Solar panels for the Bluetti AC200L.

I am looking at getting the AC200L to Power a Dometic CFX3 75DZ while camping and for emergency power at home. Can anyone here speak to the AC200L’s Performance and durability in Inclement weather? Will it survive being left out in a rain storm?

Can any aftermarket Solar Panel Array be connected and can I power a device and Charge the AC200L’s Battery at the Same time?

thank you for taking your Time to help me.

1 Like

@Corridor7090 The AC200L does not have an IP65 rating and is not rainproof, so please be careful not to use it outdoors in heavy rain.
Solar panels that meet the open-circuit voltage can be connected and used. After connecting the solar panels, they can simultaneously power the devices and charge the AC200L.

Thank you for the quick response. Is there a Bluetti Model that does carry a IP65 rating for us in camping and the outdoors where risk of being caught in the weather is likely?

I have found the AC240 that carries the Outdoor weather rating that I need for my application.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Absolutely, the AC240 power stations are really nice units too, as well as being completely outdoor-weather ready. I did a review of the AC240 here on the forums, so if you’d like to see it in action here is that link: Bluetti AC240 Review

Regarding solar panels, any panel can be used, as long as the Voc (open circuit voltage) of the panel is within the limits of the AC240 input of 11 to 60 volts. If you’re also looking for outdoor capable solar panels then the best option is your typical glass solid panel. Almost all of the portable folding panels are not made for getting wet.

1 Like

Welcome @Corridor7090 the Ac240 would be a better unit for your needs as it has the ip rating that you are needing

However if it was me I would go with the AC200l it’s at a lower price at the moment and you would get a good bit more wh which I’m sure you would find useful when camping. And also using for in the home as a backup.
and yes it has pass through charging.

2 Likes