#MyAC300afterAyear - My Off-grid Backyard Pond, Hydroponics, and much more

Absolutely willing to help and answer any questions about my setup.

1 Like

I am not going to mix B300 and B300s, I only have B300 batteries x6 - 4 are on one AC300 (which is the one that I will switch out with the AC500) the other AC300 handles 2 x B300 batteries (which will control/power my Bedroom supplemental Air Conditioner). I am not concerned about the features/upgrades of the B300S battery. It’s never that cold here and the batteries are in an indoor controlled environment. I hope to have the 2 new 550watt panels up in a week or so and have the AC300 to AC500 switched. I may get a few extra watts from my 6x 450 watt panels since the AC500 has a PV amp limit of 15Amps while the AC300 is 12 Amps and my panels are at 12.98 Amps.

2 Likes

6 Month Update:
The AC500 increase in Amps from 12 to 15 Amps when compared to the AC300 is a significant benefit to the AC300 since the Amps produced by my panels is about 13 Amps. Actually, I have recorded as high as 3000 Watts from 6 x 450 Watt Renogy Panels (I don’t know if it was because it was a cold 50 degree day in perfect conditions and perfect angles). Anyhow on cloudless non-chemtrail days for at least an hour I can achieve 2.7 kw for at least an hour and 2.4kw for almost 3 hours. It’s been a very uncharacteristic cloudy/rainy winter here (La Nina), so it’s been challenging to measure the max days. Also, It’s great to monitor the kw production per array using the app, a feature not available on the AC300.
Finally hooked up 2 x 550w panels to the extra AC300 + 2 B300’s to run my bedroom AC at night. Delayed multiple times due to the Panels being damaged in shipment. When I do have multiple rainy/cloudy days in a row, it is nice that the AC300 & AC500 can be powered by plugging into the grid with Passthrough (and controlling the Amp limits so that I don’t trip the circuit). For my application, THAT plugin to AC feature makes it superior to even the EP800, which requires and actual Grid-Tied System at the fuse panel (based on my questions/reply to Bluetti support). When I ever get to add the additional panels (if allowed) to the side of the house (HOA Nazi’s), I will use the additional 2 AC300’s that I have to power ALL of my electronics in the home and wire up the Ceiling Fans and add an outlet in the garage to be able to run the washer/Dryer during opportunity loads.
Will Prowse has a nice short video that explains how it could work in more detail :

That way I could run conduit from a NON-grid tied Circuit Panel to various locations in the home allowing me to easily take advantage of opportunity loads during sunny days when the batteries are fully charged. I could never be off-grid since AC is MUST in South Florida, and reducing my reliance on the grid the most that I can is my primary goal.
With my current setup, I am able to run my pond and up to 3 pumps, outside lights, and 3 hydroponic systems 24/7 along with all my electronics in the master bedroom and now a Window AC all on solar.
Thanks to Bluetti in making a simple to use All-in-one solar inverter/battery system.
-Will