My solar setup for my AC300 & 2*B300s

Very nice and professional looking solar farm.
I set mine up just before Summer and am already having to move one of them around (it’s on lockable wheels) as the sun’s path gets lower and lower each day. It is starting to cast a shadow on my main array late in the day, which is when I need the batteries fully topped off before the sun goes down.
I bought an electric heater to prepare for winter to see if I can do without the home’s central heat. All the portable heaters are power hungry, as bad as the window A/Cs I used this Summer. When you read the reviews a lot of people can’t use the highest setting without tripping a 15 amp circuit breaker. At least Vegas rarely gets below freezing, but I have had to break up the ice in my pool a few times.

1 Like

When you have enough panels to max out everyday, you’ll find you’ll have a lot of leeway with the monthly angles. The biggest difference is from aiming them east-west, unless you can still get to 100% just leaving them aimed generally southward, like they count on with rigid rooftop panels.

1 Like

Can you share any settings you use in the ac300 that differ from factory in order to get the most out of your setup? I have the exact same setup, 12x250watt used panels grouped the same way series-parallel. I was only getting 600 watt input in pretty full sun. If I change the “enable parallel” setting to “on” I jumped up to 1700 watt pv input, but then everytime the sun went to shade I’d get a “parallel error” alarm sounding and input would drop to 0.

I also noticed today that my battery was down to 66% and sun was out but my pv input was 0. But if I unplugged one of the dc pv lines and plugged it back in all the sudden it started charging. I’m wondering if I have something wrong in the setup/settings or if for some reason my ac300 is malfunctioning. Any help or input would be appreciated I don’t really know the ins and outs of this system yet

I don’t believe I have changed any setting related to solar charging on my AC300. I do not use the parallel option with my solar panels, rather I ran a separate pair of wires to each of my two solar arrays, so they are individually connected. Each array is a set of 6 panels, connected as 3S2P.
Now, perhaps it could be related to the settings in the “working mode”. I have set mine up as “customized UPS”. From there I selected the “grid charge status” as enabled (I use that with my generator in case I would need that. I’ve tested to make sure it works, but otherwise have never used it), and set the “time control status” to disabled. Also, the SoC setting is 5% to 90%. Maybe try that and see what you get?

Since I originally made this post I have added two refurbished B300 batteries to my AC300 system, so it’s time to update the picture of my AC300 system.

And I didn’t include the DC breakers to disconnect the solar arrays, and that’s important enough that it should be included too.

2 Likes

Looks awesome.

Quick question; Even though my AC500 and AC300 wake up with the sun, some batteries randomly stay off. I can’t help but this the power on buttons are unreachable in your case now. Does that mean you never need to manually power on some of them in the morning? Maybe they stay on 24/7 and you don’t have this issue though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Normally my system is on 24/7; however, I have never not had a battery turn on when the system is powered on. But your observation is correct, it would be a royal pain to access the front of the batteries.

1 Like