Bluetti's new AC200L Power Station Review

Very interesting review @hnymann, thank you!
I like the 1200w solar charging capacity, that’s not bad at all.
This AC200L is a real all-rounder! Definitely on top of my wishlist :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you for your very detailed review!!!

Currentl, I have two AC200MAX and they are doing a good job.

Good facts, that the solar input increased.
However, what’s even more important to me is the voltage that is allowed to put on.

The limit for the Max is 145/150V, so usually 3 panels can be put in series. And that is limiting the power in winter. In summer the about 900W is enough for me…

Is there any change regarding the voltage for the 200L ?

Best regards
Chris

1 Like

I’ll give you an example of one niche; i need a power system that’s reasonably portable for my RV boondocking i do in southeastern USA each winter. I can nw uss my Bluetti solar generator for this, then in the summer I’ll bring it to my cottage to run power systema there and when I’m home its great to have during the increasingly frequent power outages.

1 Like

The maximum voltage for solar input on the AC200L is still at 145 volts. However, don’t forget that solar panels in parallel provide more current, but do not increase the voltage into the power station. If you watch the video I posted on the solar charging test then you will see that I tested with a 1500 watt solar array, and was getting ~1,150 watts in. And this was with an array that will only provide up to about 111 volts open circuit. What I have on that array is six 250 watt panels, with two parallel sets of 3 panels in series (3s2p set up). Actually, because the AC200Max has the same voltage limit I can connect that same solar array to my AC200Max also, and it would get the full 900 watts solar input it can accept. This technique is called over-paneling, and can help overcome the deficiencies of reduced sun hours or cloudy days.

2 Likes