AC500 shut down AC inverter with codes 004 and 098

Hi, I do had the same errors today.

AC 500, 240 Volt Version, Serial number 2232000135086.

Regards Tapo

Same issue here with dual AC500, 2 B300s each. Only the primary AC1 is producing the alarm, SN 2233000005322 and AC2 is 2233000348611. Can you push the latest firmware to both?

@TAPO @JM99
Sorry for the late reply.
I have submitted the SN codes to the relevant engineer. The update notification is expected within 6 hours. Please go to the app for update at that time. Thank you.

Hi Bluetti Team,
my AC500 System ( Headunit + 4x B300S ) had an error 009. LLC Soft-Start Failure.
Loading or geting Power from PowerConnection is no more possible.
after start to load or start AC Power ON, i get this error.
Software is allready up-to-date.

Please contact, what we can do.

System:
SN: 2232000305246

Regards Benny

I have repeatedly had the same error 004 Battery Voltage High . It is connected to 1xB300S and 3x200w panels and with a max 1400w load. Please send any update to correct this malfunction. AC500 2240002029244 and DSP 4045.04, ARM 4044.04.
Thank you

Sorry for the late reply, did you contact the support department at service@bluettipower.com and get this issue resolved?

Your feedback has been received and I have submitted it to the technical engineers. I will let you know once I have a reply or a firmware push.

@308okc Can you check for a firmware update notification? You can do the firmware update yourself (as neither the DSP nor the BMS is up to date).

Thanks for your response. I don’t see any notice of an update but I’m not sure where to look. I only have access to the AC500 via internet since I’m away from home. Can the update be made via the internet? I set up the AC500 system for my daughter who has access and who has been clearing and relaunching the system. I don’t know how complicated the update is so I don’t know if she would do it. Internet would be my preference. I have the APP 2.0.2. Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry, updating firmware can only be done with Bluetooth, and not via WiFi, so it should be updated near the machine.
firmware upgrade

thanks for the info. as i mentioned, i am away from the AC500 and hence unable to do the necessary firmware updates. I will not be home for several months while my daughter attempts to deal with the repeated 004 shutdowns and thus has no UPS. I see it is apparently possible for me to share access with her. Unfortunately this excellent idea is not accompanied with any instruction on how to go about it. After I choose to share I see a QR code with the instruction: “Scan this QR code to connect to the device.” The code expires in 10 mins. At this point I have no idea how to proceed. Who, Where and How does this scan take place. Please direct me to a description of the sharing process so that my daughter can update the firmware and have the UPS I thought I was providing her when I left her. I do appreciate your help.

Point of information: What is the function of the settings ‘unbind’ selection. What color should it be? Mine is in red. Could that be related to the error code 004 and shut downs? And what does “Factory Reset” actually do? Is it like rebooting a computer? The Manual leaves a lot to be desired even though I am delighted with the capabilities of the AC500, especially the “Time Control” feature, when I can figure out how to do it. And finally I see no explanation of what “Silent Charging” is but I can live with that. Thanks for your assistance in getting this fantastic machine back online.

My unbind is red and the unit is functioning normally. I would assume the unbind function deletes the wifi connection and you would have to reconnect the AC500 to your router. A factory reset would reset your units firmware and settings back to the way it was when it left the factory.

@308okc Please check the steps on how to upgrade the firmware: AC200MAX Battery not lasting long. (Summer Project failed!) - #9 by BLUETTI_CARE.

If your daughter shares the device with you, there’s no “Firmware Upgrade” option on your APP. The firmware upgrade can only be conducted in the main account.

Thanks for the reply. I have viewed the “Firmware Upgrade” post. My question is if my daughter scans the QRcode will she become the “main account” and what will then be my status. Will I still have access to settings (but not future Firmware Upgrade) via the internet? What is the status of each of the two ‘users’; my status (as before with internet access but no “Firmware Update” possibility) and my daughter’s status (internet access and Bluetooth “Firmware Update” option). Will we both have internet access to settings but only she will have access to updates. Will both my coordinates and her coordinates be recognized by the Bluetti app on the internet. That would be an acceptable arrangement. Can you please clarify this issue. Thank you for your help.

@308okc The account bound to the machine is the main account. If your AC500 was bound with your account, then if your daughter scans the QR code, she can not bond the machine because a machine can only be bound to one account.

Updating firmware can only be done with Bluetooth, and not via WiFi, so it should be updated near the machine. So if your daughter is near the machine, she can help you to upgrade it. I suggest that you can provide her with your account and passport, then she can update the firmware.

Thanks for the details. I am a long way from the AC500 and want to be sure what is going to happen when I select an option that is not covered in any documentation I have seen. Fortunately the problem with error 004 has finally been solved with a firmware update. In the process I learned a ton about the AC500. Thanks for your part in that.

Finally my daughter has been able to do the AC500 Firmware updates as you suggested by signing in with my account. We had tried that at the very beginning but due to some ambiguity about using Bluetooth she selected the option on the opening screen rather than the Bluetooth option after selecting the AC500 device. So of course she never got to a settings list with an update option. Instead of two ‘Bluetooth’ options with very different functions perhaps using a different label would ovoid our mistake. Online updates are a fantastic feature but inexperienced users could benefit if it were presented as a feature in the documentation. I sincerely appreciate your help and patience in getting this problem solved. I and my daughter are happy to have the UPS as advertised. When I get back home I’ll unbind and make her the main account, something I should have done before I left.

@308okc I’m glad that your problem has been solved. If you have further problems, feel free to contact us.

Bluetti Care - I notice only one of my batteries BMS will allow me to update to v1022.9. I keep trying to update Battery 2 and the button to update has disappeared. Do all batteries need to update to v1022.9 or is it acceptable to run as shown in the screenshot with 2 different versions? Thanks.